Unfortunately due to past events we at tenshinomon.com needed to put a comment policy into place. We felt it’s best to outlined who we are and what we will tolerate on the website.
Unlike the Wild West of most of the Internet, we have a very strict comment policy on Tenshinomon.com. If you’re acting like a jerk, you’ll be banned from commenting.
That, most important, statement out of the way, here’s more you should know whether you’re a regular commenter or new to the site:
Your comment will not automatically appear because all comments are reviewed. There are a number of things which will keep your comment from being posted (AKA it will be deleted), we ask that you please keep that in mind before resubmitting the comment multiple times or contacting us about it.
- Use of any of the curse words and/or slurs. There’s really no place for this in the hobby.
- Personal attacks against another commenter or the writer of the post/website. This can run from name calling to sentences which include the words “people like you” or statements which begin “I bet you” or “you must/probably” etc. This is regardless of what “side” you’re on.
- Jokes or aggressive negative comments on the aesthetic appearance of a person (commenters, writers, and folks mentioned in an article alike).
- Hate speech or other clearly intentional jerk behavior. This includes, but is not limited to: the use of the word feminazi or a comments which denigrates women, feminism or feminists, the LGBTQ community; broad imprecations or assumptions based on race; and anything that amounts to “ugh the gays,” “ugh liberals,” “ugh, fangirls,” etc.
- Engaging in any of the previously mentioned delete-worthy behaviors consistently and as part of a clear pattern OR presenting a particularly egregious example of one of those behaviors as a first comment. New to the site? Stopped by just to say something horrible? We don’t need you here.
- Hate reading. If your history of commenting on Tenshinomon.com makes it seem like you only visit the site to start fights or specifically to disagree with us whenever we publish a post involving our core themes and for no other reason, we will ban you. Feel free to keep hate reading, but you’ll not be able to hate comment any more.
- It is at the editors’ discretion to ban anyone whom they determine to be a detriment to the atmosphere of the comments section, the site in general, and our regular readers.
There will be some who look at these rules and disagree.
I’d like to take a moment to remind you:
It’s our site, we get to make the rules.
We’re not taking away your freedom of speech by deleting/banning you.
You can take your anger elsewhere, we don’t want it.
We ask everybody who comes to Tenshinomon.com to remember that conversations require listening as well as speaking. We are firm believers in the fact that banning a commenter only prevents them from speaking, not from listening.
In the past I’ve worked with offenders to smooth things over though they were clearly attempting to antagonize the staff at Tenshinomon.com. I’ve decided that in the future we will not be devoting time or energy to trolls because, frankly, it’s just not worth the time and effort. The world is an awfully big place with a lot of unhappy people in it. If you’ve been banned and feel slighted please feel free to contact us to talk about it if you want- otherwise we’re happily moving on.
We love our readers and we hope that making these guide lines extra clear helps to promote a happy, safe environment at Tenshinomon.com. The BJD hobby is a small community and we want to make friends- not enemies… as we all know no product relationship can be one-sided: we hope to have your support moving forward as well.
Sound Familiar? Most of this policy is very much related to and derived from the most wonderful website The Mary Sue. Thank you so much for being as awesome as you are!